3: Health promoting workplaces
Benefits of health promoting workplaces
Creating an environment conducive to health and improving workers’ knowledge and skills to manage their own health, benefits both the workers and the workplace. It can bring about positive changes that support the overall success of an organisation, such as:
- Improved health and well-being;
- Reduced absenteeism and staff turnover;
- Lower health care and insurance costs;
- Better working relationships;
- Improved staff morale and a better working atmosphere;
- Higher productivity and improved organisational performance; and
- Better overall image of the organisation.
On this page (HR module) you can read more about the success factors of programmes.
Here you can find examples of programmes that have been developed and implemented by different organisations.