2: Healthy workplaces for all ages
Changes in sleep patternsPotential impact at work:
- Implications for night work or shift work.
- Implications for work that requires intense concentration for long periods of time.
- Consider a reduction in the length of night shifts. Where possible, allow a choice of shift.
- Introduce fast forward rotating shift schedules.
- Design work schedules to allow time for recovery within work and outside of work. Reduce the number of sequential night shifts as this is related to accident occurrence.