A leaflet on the opening of fumigated containers. Containers in Europe are often treated with pesticides in order to prevent importing or spreading pests and possibly diseases. The chemicals used may be harmful to humans as well.
Workers and employers.
This leaflet provides practical step by step information for the opening of possibly fumigated containers.
- Read the leaflet and take into account that:
- When opening containers: make sure if they have been fumigated or not.
- In case of any doubt: do not open the container
- Perform measurements to be sure if an toxic gas has been used
- Only open a container if you are 100% sutre that it is safe.